Who We Are
'THE BISWAS EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION' a registered Public Charitable Trust since 2008, Vide Regn. No. 2401 of 28.04.2008 under Trust Act 1956.
We are an Organization dedicated to the welfare of the deprived, destitute, orphans or single-parent children belonging to the under-privileged section of the society. The Biswas Educational Foundation is a non-religious, non-political, non-profitable volunteer driven registered Public Charitable Trust with 80G / 12AA & FCRA registration along with Children Institute License from the Govt. of West Bengal. Registered with NGO Partnership System under Planning Commission of Govt. of India (WB/2015/0086239).
Hereafter, for better & appropriate execution towards the said noble cause, a Four member Trustee Board has been formed in the year 2008, as below :
1. Mrs. Nilima Biswas - Managing Trustee.
2. Mrs. Gita Dev Biswas - Trustee.
3. Mr. Debasish Biswas - Trustee.
4. Mr. Tarun Bagchi - Trustee.
The Trustee Board on it’s first initiative to give a real shape to the Dream by our visionary Dr. N. Biswas, appointed a very efficient team of executors headed by Mr. Soumitra Basu as legal advisor and Mr. Subir Kumar Ghosh as Project Incharge, who had been engaged with a strong & solid experience in Building Construction, Interior Designing and Facilities Management, since more than a decade, alongwith sincere assistance from his fellow companions, Mr. Biswajit Chatterji & Mr. Tarun Roychowdhury who have been always beside us in every aspect of planning & implementation, right from the day of commencement.
Dr. Nalinaksha Biswas a former academic who earned his Doctoral Degree (PhD.) in Environmental Control, Heat & Mass transfer in deep underground galleries from Nottingham University- England, was a Senior Lecturer in Building Science at Leeds Metropolitan University for many years, before taking early retirement.
Dr. Biswas was born in 1938 in Sylhet in India, now in Bangladesh, migrated to Calcutta with his family. He remembers well the crises of the displaced people after partition in 1947, in particular the suffering endured by the children in need. Since then, it has been his strong desire to help the needy children, in particular the orphans. In the vision statement he wrote in 2008, he outlines his plans to establish a school to educate and raise 450 needy orphan children. In the vision statement written more recently in 2013 he sets up his plans how the foundation will develop in the next five years.
Today, Dr. Nalinaksha Biswas at the age of 75 years, although he lives in England but his willingness for serving the orphans make him the Strongest Executor for the noble cause within his financial capability, by giving a shape of reality to his Golden Vision from a distance of 8000 Kms. away at Prasadpur Village near Sonarpur, just 20 Km. from Kolkata.
- Caring for the Deprived & Needy Destitute orphans.
- To empower the underprivileged orphans or single-parent children attain their right to education, health and opportunity to explore, which he or she deserves.
- To bring up these children in an atmosphere of love and equality irrespective of any prejudices based on gender, language, caste, creed or religion.
- To provide them free food, free clothes, free accommodation, free education, free medical & utmost care, love & affection through House Mothers & Care Givers who should always be delivering them in a family atmosphere.
- To give these children a state of art opportunity in learning, living & enjoying life with full confidence as the other children, who belong to the common stream or privileged section of the society by constructing Mother Houses for their initial residing & a Boarding Senior Secondary School under the strict monitoring of usage of nature friendly consumables & technology, maintaining GREEN concept.
Mission StatementAt TBEF we believe that to provide meaningful assistance to the destitute orphans & the child in distress is the first & foremost deed towards establishing Happy & Strong social environment.
We need to understand and address the factors that make the destitute orphans vulnerable of undesirable exploitations. Our work will be organised with these factors in mind, that we can establish a seed of love, care & sharing attitudinal traits making the children feel confident of their regular activities, happily enjoying life facing challenges coming across for education, health, culture & extracurricular activities, being in a strongly knit family environment.
This would enable them to be empowered to affect positive, long-term change in their day-to-day lives as well as while they march ahead in the outside world. We think that transparency is essential and that our actions should be easily replicable by others.
With this goal in mind, we will always share information on our systems, technology, deployment strategies and general lessons learned. Not only we will make our achievements public, but our mistakes as well with hopes that other organizations & individuals join us in a big way & can learn with us along the way, to speedup the positive steps for the noble cause.